Since I volunteered to bring a potato dish for an outing to Marina Barrage, I had to think how to prepare my potato dish. Potato omelete again? No. It took me three hours to cook for a group of 20 a few months back. How about potato salad? It sounds easy and quick. I decided to give it a go, googled to get some ideas and came out with this dish that I’m going to share with you.
It took me 40 minutes to prepare this potato salad for one person. For 20 persons, it took me about 1 hour to prepare as I need to cut more potatoes and onions. I was crying while I was cutting the onions.
Thankful that my tears were not for nothing. My friends gave me favorable feedback for my dish and I was very encouraged. More potato salad next time?
Preparation time : 20-30 minutes
Cooking time : 30 minutes
Serving size : 20
- 2kg Potatoes, cubed
- Lemon juice, squeezed out of 1.5 lemons
- 5 stalks Parsley, chopped
- 0.5 cup Raisins, soak in water for at least 30 minutes
- 4 Onions, chopped
- 0.75 Tbs Salt
- Italian spices
- 2-3 Tbs Extra virgin coconut oil
Step by step instructions :
1. Scrub and clean the potatoes, cut into cubes.
2. Steam the potatoes for 30 minutes.
3. Mix the onions, parsley, lemon juice, salt, pepper, Italian spices and oil, then mix them with the cooked potatoes.
4. Add the raisins and mix in with the potato salad.
5. It’s ready to be served.