A few weeks ago, I made mugi miso soup. It’s so easy and quick to prepare that I even make miso soup for breakfast when I run out of ideas to feed my family.
This is another quick meal that can be completed within 30 minutes.
Preparation time : 10 minutes
Cooking time : 20 minutes
Serving size : 3 – 4
- 2 litres filtered water
- 1 small carrot, diced
- 1/2 Onion, diced
- 1/2 cup Buckwheat, pre-soaked at least 30 minutes
- 1/2 cup Quinoa, pre-soaked at least 30 minutes
- 4 -5 leaves Chinese cabbage and purple cabbage, shredded
- 2 stalks of Celery
- 1 stalk Asian green – pak choy, shredded
- 1Tbs Nature’s Glory Organic Mugi Miso (Barley miso)
- One handful of seaweed of your choice
Step by step instructions :
- Add water and carrot, onion, quinoa and buckwheat to a pot and bring it to boil.
- Adjust to medium fire and cook for about 20-25 minutes. Check that the buckwheat and quinoa are cooked.
- Adjust to low fire, add cabbage, celery and pak choy and cook for another 3-5 minutes.
- Off the fire. Add the miso paste so as to preserve the live koji cultures in miso and to retain as much nutrients as possible. Adjust the taste according to preference.
- Add seaweed and it is ready to be served.