Lately, I’m in a bread-making mood. I baked my first tomato garlic bread and foccacia. I’m going to try making spinach bread over the weekend too.
Since I had some fresh tomatoes in my fridge, why not try making tomato bread. The search online led me to this recipe which I adapted and used to make my first tomato garlic bread.
How I love the aroma of fresh bake! My tomato garlic bread smells good and it even tastes a little cheesy though I didn’t add any cheese. I’m thinking hard what makes this unique taste – is it the butter that I add?
The whole loaf is finished with two days. A lovely bread for breakfast, though there’s still room for improvement.
Preparation time : 15 min
Waiting time : 40 minutes
Baking time : 45 minutes
Serving size : 8 slices (one loaf)
- 500g Unbleached flour
- 1 large Tomato, diced
- 90ml Water
- 50g Butter
- 15g Yeast
- 1 tsp Sea salt
- 4 cloves of Garlic
- 1/2 tbs Italian spices
Step by Step Instructions:
- Knead all the ingredients to make a smooth dough.
- Allow it to prove for at least 20 minutes until it doubles in size.
- Grease the side of the loaf pan.
- Shape dough and transfer it to the loaf pan.
- Pre-heat oven at 170 degree Celsius.
- Allow it to prove for another 20 minutes.
- Bake for 45 minutes.