According the an independent study by EWG, strawberries have one of the highest pesticide residue and are ranked second in the Dirty Dozen Plus list. I start buying organic strawberries and berries when I learn about this.
Not long ago, I made berries smoothie for our breakfast and it is really a healthy and delicious treat in the morning. As the portions of ingredients used are more than enough for two servings, I froze the remaining in little tubs for our little cold treats.
My little girl enjoys her little small tub of frozen berries. It is definitely a better option as compared to the tub of ice-cream sold in supermarket.
- 250g Strawberries
- 170g Blackberries
- 1 Mango
- 200-300 ml Apple juice
- 3 tbs Chia seeds
- 1. Wash the strawberries and blackberries.
- 2. Wash, remove the skin and seed of the mango. Cut the mango into small cube.
- 3. Cut, remove the apples' seeds and juice the apples.
- 4. Put all the ingredients into a blender and blend them until smooth.
- 5. Chill the smoothie in the fridge or serve as it is.
- 6. Freeze the remaining smoothie.