Cacao banana ice-cream is one of my family’s favourite desserts. It takes less than 10 minutes to make this delicious home-made ice-cream.
When I first tried making this ice-cream, I froze the bananas with the skin. When I wanted to use the banana, I realized the skins were really difficult peeled off. Lesson learnt – peel off the skin of the banana before freezing.
The ingredients I used for my first cacao banana ice-cream was frozen banana, medjool dates and raw cacao powder. For my subsequent homemade ice-cream, I add seeds and nuts to our ice-cream.
Preparation time: 8-10 minutes
Serving size: 2 persons
- 3 Bananas (medium size, ripe and frozen)
- 1 tbs Raw cacao powder
- 1-2 Medjool dates (can replace with about 1-2 tbs of raisins and goji berries; adjust quantity as desired)
- 1-2 tbs of nuts and seeds (eg. pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, flaxseeds, walnuts, chia seeds; adjust quantity as desired.)
Step by Step Instructions:
- Add all the ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth.
- And it is ready to be served.