Who don’t love chocolates? I love chocolates especially during my teenage years. I could eat a big bar of milk chocolate within a day, and I ate a bar almost daily. That was how madly in love I was with chocolates.
This love for chocolates, however, did no good to my skin. I started to have on-going pimple outbreak that never seems to be able to rein in. A friend even said my face was like volcano that kept erupting. I never thought that this love could be so “dangerous”.
Now I rarely eat milk chocolate bars, instead I buy and consume raw cacao powder with my steelcut oats, uses it to make chocolate banana ice-creams. Recently, I made raw chocolate bites, which I adapted from Comfy Belly’s recipe.
The homemade chocolate bites do not taste as smooth as the milk chocolate bars as I did not add any oil. Other than that, the raw cacao, medjool dates and nuts make this a nice little treat to enjoy.
It’s simple and fast to make and it’s packed with natural healthy goodness!
Preparation time : 5 min
Waiting time : At least 30 minutes
Serving size : 20 small bites (depends on the size you want for each piece)
- 1 cup Mixed nuts – cashews and walnuts
- 1/2 cup Raw cacao powder
- A pinch of Sea salt
- 8 Medjool dates, pitted
Step by Step Instructions:
- Put all the nuts into a blender and grind them into powder. A little chunk is fine to add texture to the bite.
- Add the raw cacao powder and sea salt and pulse to blend well.
- Add one date at a time, so that the dates will not stick together. Pulse and blend the mixture until it sticks together.
- Lay a clingwrap on a tray and pour the mixture onto the clingwrap. Press down the mixture evenly.
- Put in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Cut into small bites and sprinkle with cacao powder when ready to be served.