I’ve always wanted to try to make my own lemongrass drink when I had lemongrass drink at restaurants. It never happened until I chanced upon Shirley’s recipe. It’s surprisingly easy to make and the ingredients can be easily found at our local supermarkets.
I love this drink when it’s chilled. It’s so refreshing and tasty that even my little girl likes it very much. It will be a great drink to serve in a small gathering at home.
Preparation time : 10 minutes
Cooking time : 30 minutes
Waiting time : Overnight or until the ice-cubes are frozen
Serving size : 6 servings
- 4 stalks of lemongrass, cut and smashed
- 3 sprigs of mint leaves
- 4-5 tablespoons of honey
- 1.5 litres of water
Step by step instructions :
- Boil the water with the lemongrass for 30 minutes.
- Off fire. Throw in two sprigs of mint leaves into the pot to let the water be infused with the flavour of the mint leaves.
- Wait for the temperature of the boiling water to drop to not more than 40 degree celsius, filter the lemongrass and the mint, then stir in the honey. Note that high temperature will destroy the good properties in the honey.
- Put a mint leaf in each cube of the ice-cube tray. Pour the lemon mint honey drink into the tray. Freeze.
- Chill the remaining drink in the refrigerator.
- Serve the refreshing lemongrass mint honey drink with the mint ice-cubes. Isn’t it good to keep the drink chilled for a longer time and still remains tasty with no dilution.