After learning a few tricks from him, I tried making my own version of Spanish omelete at home using my round cooking pan. After cooking the omelete on one side, I need to flip it over to the other side with the help of a big plate. It requires some strength to handle the pan and the plate when flipping the omelete.
I made another version of omelete with green vegetables for our last year Christmas party. As I was afraid that the omelete would crumble when I flipped it, so to play safe, I baked the omelete instead.
I made a similar dish thereafter, except that the I swapped the spinach for broccoli in this recipe.
Preparation time : 20 minutes
Cooking time: 30- 50 minutes
Serving size: 5
- 400g Potatoes
- 200-300g Broccoli, chopped
- 5 medium Tomatoes, diced
- 2 Onions, chopped
- 5-8 Eggs
- Italian spices
- Mozzarella (optional)
Instructions Step by Step:
- Skinned the potatoes and cut into slices.
- Layer the potato slices in a dish and steam for 45 minutes until they are cooked and soft.
- Saute the onion and garlic for about 2 minutes then add the chopped tomatoes. Cook the tomatoes for about 4-5 minutes until soft.
- Steam the broccoli for 3-5 minutes
- Mix all the eggs into a bowl. Add salt, pepper and Italian spices as desired.
- Prepare a baking dish and grease the inside with oil.
- Pour egg mixture onto the baking dish, layer it with cooked potato slices, egg mixture, tomatoes, egg mixtures and so on. With every layer of potatoes, tomatoes or broccoli, add a layer of egg mixture.
- For the last layer, pour all the egg mixture onto the baking dish.
- Bake for 30-50 minutes at 180 degree Celsius. It will take a longer time to cook a thicker omelete.